Ethan Lane Griffin- born April 29, 2011

Ethan Lane Griffin- born April 29, 2011
Ethan Lane Griffin- born April 29, 2011

Friday, February 4, 2011

Ethan Lane Griffin

This is my first blog about my pregnancy.  I can't explain how excited we are to be having a baby.  My husband just told me, I feel like I'm already talking to Ethan.  In a way, he is.  The baby can hear me talk, my heartbeat, my blood flowing and body making noises, and he can hear loud sounds outside of the womb.  Kris talks to him sometimes.  Kris is my husband.  He is playing with a toy we bought for Ethan.  It's so funny.  It's a bank that counts money for him and tells you, "You did a great job," and "A penny saved is a penny earned."  We are moving at the end of this month.  I want everything to be ready for his arrival in April.  The OBGYN told us that he is measuring 30 weeks at my 28 1/2 week visit.  This probably means he will be a big newborn, hopefully not to big for a vaginal birth, but big enough to be healthy.  My mom had three C-sections, and I really hope this is not the case for me.  It may mean that he will be a little early, which is what I am praying for.  My finals at UAB will be right around the 28th and 29th of April, and he is due April 22nd.  If I go into labor two weeks early, I'll have more time for recovery. 

I love when Ethan kicks.  He has gotten so strong, and his kicks and twists are more frequent.  It eases my mind when I feel him.  I'm constantly worried that something might be wrong with him.  Every visit to the OBGYN is great.  I am healthy, my blood pressure has been very normal, his heartbeat is strong, blood work is great, and he is measuring accurately.  A baby's heartbeat starts out very fast, at about 180, and as he grows it gets slower.  At 7 months pregnant, Ethan's heartbeat is about 130 something. 

Stay tuned!  I will have so much more to tell you about my pregnancy.  This is such an exciting time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment