Ethan Lane Griffin- born April 29, 2011

Ethan Lane Griffin- born April 29, 2011
Ethan Lane Griffin- born April 29, 2011

Monday, February 28, 2011

32 Weeks Pregnant

I had another OB apt. this morning.  I met Dr. Ross.  I am still measuring about a week ahead, which doesn't mean he will be early.  It may just mean he will be born at about 8 1/2 pounds, about a pound bigger than average.  I asked him if there was anything I can do.. and there isn't much.  He said typically women who exercise during pregnancy have smaller babies.. so I'm going to try to kick up the walking in the last 7 weeks.  My appetite has been so weird.  Some days I can't decide if I'm hungry, or what to eat.  Today I was hungry every 3 hrs.  I was so tired too.  We moved into our new apartment Saturday.  I didn't carry anything, of course, but my mom and I worked on unpacking boxes and putting things in the kitchen and organizing things in the bathroom, etc.  It wore me out.  Saturday night I didn't get much sleep because our bed was not completely set up, and it was uncomfortable for me to sleep on the mattress on the floor.  Today I took a 3 hr. long nap after my class at UAB.  My body was so sore and achy earlier, but it feels better now that I've had a chance to relax.
My husband, Kris put together baby Ethan's crib and changing table.  We have decided to paint the bedroom baby blue and baby orange.  I can't wait until we are finished with it.  It will be a lot of work because we have so much to do after the move.
I have had a little more swelling, but nothing major.  I have gained 38 pounds during pregnancy.  That is about 10 pounds more than I think I should.  My husband does not seem to mind.  He keeps telling me, "You're pregnant!" and tells the Dr.'s and other people, "She's really healthy.  She eats really healthy and walks."  He is so good to me.  He knows I will bounce right back to normal size this Summer.  He thinks I look sexy pregnant!  I love him!
It is amazing how much we could see in the 4D ultrasound pictures at 28 weeks.  Ethan looked just like his daddy.  Kris asked me, "When you see other pregnant women, do you feel connected to them now?"  I told him yes, because we have something in common.  He said he does too.  He says he always tells people that his wife is pregnant.  I am so glad to have a husband who is proud of me and the things we have going on.  He told several people today about our move into our 2 bedroom apartment, and he always says he likes to "Show me off."  He is so perfect.
My main complaint at 32 weeks is being uncomfortable just sitting, and not being able to move around the same way.  Also, waking up in the middle of the night because my leg is cramping, or my back is hurting, or I'm thirsty, or have to use the bathroom.. all of these are really annoying.  My husband asked me if I was okay one morning, because I'd been awake moaning and groaning because my body ached.
The best thing about 32 weeks is getting everything ready for Ethan's birth.  We have taken the Childbirth Preparation, Infant CPR, and Breastfeeding classes.  My baby shower is in two weeks.  We are working on the nursery now, learning how to do the carseat, and talking with a Pediatrician.  Everyday there is something to do having to do with our baby.  I really enjoy getting on Facebook also to see all my friends that are pregnant, or were pregnant, but just had their babies.  We share our experiences and get helpful advice.  Craigslist has also been fun for us.  I like searching to see what baby items people are posting.  Pregnancy is so much fun and exciting, but it is so much better because I have such a loving and caring husband who I am able to share this amazing experience with.  We enjoy spending time with each other, and we are going to be such great parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment