Ethan Lane Griffin- born April 29, 2011

Ethan Lane Griffin- born April 29, 2011
Ethan Lane Griffin- born April 29, 2011

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Moving While Preggers

Well this is a completely different experience when you are pregnant.  My husband and I moved into a new, two bedroom apartment, and we are on the second floor.  You are probably wondering why we would choose the second floor when we are having our first baby.  Well, the top floor is the only floor available with vaulted ceilings and a fireplace.  Also, we felt that living on the top floor would be much more safe than on the first floor.
Because we did not buy a house this year, apartment safety was our biggest concern.  We needed to make sure that we feel safe, and actually are safe.  Our first apartment together was on the first floor.  Kris was not there one week because he was away on a business trip.  I had nightmares that someone was breaking in the window.  I found my whole body became completely stiff and I could not move.  This happened twice.  It was the most horrible feeling.  I was frightened.  Also, I would wake up in the middle of the night, and peak my head around the corner into the living room and click on the light to make sure no one was there.  We finally bought a closet from The Home Depot and put it in front of the window.  This made me feel much more safe, as someone would not be able to break in our window.

Pregnant women should not be lifting anything over 20 pounds.  Most of what we moved into the new apartment was over 20 pounds.  I could not just sit and watch my husband break his back and strain his muscles lifting all of our heavy furniture.  He got help from my brothers and a friend, but he loaded and unloaded three trucks of furniture, boxes, etc.  He was sore for two days.  It took me two days to recover also.  I packed the boxes while he was at work, and I helped my mom with unpacking the boxes in the new apartment, and cleaning and organizing.  We walked up and down the stairs several times.  My mom decided that we would no longer walk up and down the stairs.  We would stay in the apartment and they could bring things to us to put away.  She was such a big help and I couldn't have done it without her.  Thanks Mom!
Typically I would help carrying boxes and furniture.  I am not really a weakling.  I run and workout, when I am not pregnant.  I could have done a lot.. but not this time.  Just walking up the stairs carrying pillows took my breath away.  Kris would see me and say, "Baby, stop!  Just go inside and sit down."  He would take things out of my hand.  They were so helpful.  They did not want me to do anything.  My mom told me to lie down.  I know it seems like I would be happy about not having to do much, but I didn't like seeing everyone else work.  Kris is in great shape!  He carried some really heavy things by himself.  He carried the bulk of the weight with every piece of furniture my brothers and his friend helped him with.
Kris also spent that Sunday putting together our baby's crib and changing table.  He was so excited to do it.  It looks great.  He has been working hard.  Our next step is painting the baby's bedroom; something I wont be able to help with.  I was picking out wall colors yesterday and asked Kris what he thought.  It was funny.  He looked at me like, what do you want me to do with this.  I had forgotten that my husband is color blind.
We have so much furniture, we could actually fill a 3 bedroom house.  My baby shower is this Sunday, and I know the apartment will be a little crowded after getting the rocking chair, pack 'n play, and everything else babies need for sleep and play.  This  is such an exciting time.  We feel blessed to live in such a nice apartment.  It has all the new upgrades, cherry cabinets, black marble counter tops, black appliances, vaulted ceiling, fireplace, new carpet.  Our apartment was the apartment they used to show new residents.  It has not been lived in.  We have a balcony overlooking the lake.  It is twice the size of our previous apartment.  We have more cabinet space in the kitchen and bathrooms than I could ask for.  Sure, we would love to have a house, but this apartment is luxurious.

No comments:

Post a Comment