Ethan Lane Griffin- born April 29, 2011

Ethan Lane Griffin- born April 29, 2011
Ethan Lane Griffin- born April 29, 2011

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

More Fun Baby Preparations

I have never enjoyed laundry and cleaning so much.  I have finished washing, drying, and putting up all of Ethan's clothes, blankets, and bedding.  We have Baby All, especially made for babies.  It smells like a baby.  I love it.  Today I hung his wall decorations.  He has sports theme bedding and some monkey and giraffe things.  I like Zoo animals and sports for Ethan.  Baby things are so adorable.  His 5 drawer chest from Buy Buy Baby is packed full, and I need more hangers to hang some of his clothes in the closet.  Last night I found two more bags of clothes and blankets in the bottom of his closet that I wasn't aware were there.  It was really exciting.  I knew he had more clothes and blankets somewhere.  Kris and I always walk in his room just to look at his things.
Last night, my husband Kris, put together Ethan's bookcase.  It looks so good, and even better with so many books already filling it up.  I have found some great deals on baby books.  The dollar bins at target have board books for baby.  Board books and the soft books are recommended because babies put everything in their mouths.  My parents brought the mattress for the Pack N' Play this weekend.  I washed the sheets and put the mattress down.  Now it just needs a sweet baby boy to sleep in it.  We took a trip to Buy Buy Baby last night to see if they can replace the sounds thing that doesn't seem to be working.  Our Pack N' Play was shipped, and we don't know why the sound isn't working.  It has some sweet noises to help soothe babies and put them to sleep.  It may work, because Kris said we didn't change the batteries yet.  We have to unscrew it to put new batteries in, so I'll do that tonight.  If it doesn't work, they will replace it for us.
I think I said in a previous post that I had the bags packed already, but there are a few more things we will have to pack when it's hospital time.  My 36-37 week OB visit is tomorrow.  I'll be 37 weeks on Friday, which is considered full term.  It'll be exciting to see if any changes have happened to get me closer to labor.
I feel really gross at my pregnancy weight.  I just cannot wait to go for a walk today.  I'd rather have only gained 20 lbs instead of 50.  I'll get it off this summer. The way I dress now would make me a perfect candidate for "What Not To Wear".  I am a fashion no-no.  Nothing fits!  I know there are cute Maternity clothes I could buy, but I just haven't.  When I think about getting my 20 year old body back, I get very excited and motivated.
We still need to put in the car seat and buy a few things before going to the hospital.  I don't know that I will ever feel ready for certain things in life, but we can at least do what we are able to do that needs to be done.  I am also going to disinfect the baby 's room with some Lysol kitchen wipes today.  I'm not going to keep Ethan away from dirt and germs.  He is a boy!  There is new evidence that children need to be exposed to germs, and it is actually bad to disinfect everything and wash your child's hands all the time.
Greenvale Pediatrics called today and said our baby's doctor will be Dr. Darby McElderly.  She will actually come to the hospital when I have Ethan to check on him.  I didn't know that.  I will be able to add him to my insurance after his birth.  I need to buy a humidifier.  I am sure I will think of other things that we need to do, but that, like laundry, is endless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment