Ethan Lane Griffin- born April 29, 2011

Ethan Lane Griffin- born April 29, 2011
Ethan Lane Griffin- born April 29, 2011

Thursday, March 31, 2011

37 Weeks- Full Term

I had my OB visit today.  There are still no changes to the cervix.  I found out that my blood type is O Positive, which means I can give blood to any blood type, but I can only take O Positive blood if I need it.  I thought that was interesting.  I try giving blood, but they always have trouble taking it from me.  I have been successful at giving blood twice.  The other times my veins were too small and they were unable to get a whole bag from my arm.  I wonder if this means that Ethan's blood is O Positive.  We are sharing almost everything right now.
Again, it was such a relief to hear his heartbeat.  It was 133.  I'm always a little concerned that I wont hear a heartbeat.  I talked to the nurse about it and she gave me some really encouraging words.  She said that you just have to remember that God is in control and He is taking care of the baby.  Whatever happens will be His will, and I just have to take care of myself and the baby and not worry about things that could happen beyond my control.  I absolutely love OBGYN South.  I was reading the Bible verses on the walls today, and the nurse today really blessed me.  I knew I liked her.  It is always nice when people are excited to talk about God and what He is doing for us.
Ethan is now measuring accurately.  He was a measuring a week ahead, but he is right on track now.  My OB, Dr. Campbell, said he is probably almost 7 pounds right now.  He will be about 8 pounds at my due date.  I read about 2 or 3 pregnancy emails a week.  I read somewhere that some women will dilate a couple weeks before they go into labor, while others do not dilate until they are in labor.  This means that we could still have the baby any time now.  My husband said he was going to pack his bags tonight, but I guess he forgot.  There are checklists for everything:  baby registry items, what to bring to the hospital, and to-do lists for the final months of pregnancy.  I just read that we shouldn't put the crib in front of a window, and Ethan's is currently right in front of a window.  I didn't think about that, but I guess we will have to move it.
The following link is my a link on my pregnancy email from Gerber for 37 weeks:  http://www.gerber.com/Pregnancy/Growth_And_Development/Week_37_Your_pregnancy.aspx?source=10076892&utm_source=Gerber&utm_medium=email&utm_content=10076892&utm_campaign=PreNatal_Newsletter
According to the website, the baby's immune system and dexterity is strengthening.  Ethan is now able to grasp with his fingers.  He will be able to hold onto my fingers and hair after he is born, and he'll continue to grow stronger.  Babies actually lose weight after birth.  If he is born an 8 lb baby, it wouldn't be surprising if he is only 7 lbs a week later.  Almost any questions I have are answered when I read from these pregnancy websites.  I will need to continue to eat more and take vitamins after Ethan's birth.  I will be breastfeeding, and breastfeeding requires more calorie intake than normal.  Fish oil is a recommended vitamin for breastfeeding mothers. 
I have also learned some good exercises to do to make labor a little easier.  I expect it to hurt, but I am not worrying about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment