Ethan Lane Griffin- born April 29, 2011

Ethan Lane Griffin- born April 29, 2011
Ethan Lane Griffin- born April 29, 2011

Friday, March 11, 2011

1st Trimester

I'm going back and writting about my 1st trimester because I started blogging this for class in my 3rd trimester.  I grabbed some information from the following link and will talk about my personal experiences, because not all women experience the same thing.   http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/pregnancy/PR00004

The first thing I noticed was fuller breasts.  This is what told me to get a pregnancy test.  I took three of them to make sure it was accurate.  


  • Tender Breasts- The website says increased hormone production will make your breasts sensitive and fuller.  This was exactly what happened with me.
  • Bouts of Nausea-  Most often called morning sickness because it tends to be worse in the morning.  I felt nauseous sometimes, but I didn't have morning sickness, or sickness at any time during the day.  The only time I threw up was when I took the prenatal vitamins on an empty stomach.  This will make you sick whether you are pregnant or not, and it is not a good feeling.  I was queasy sometimes, but it was not at all bad for me.  I take care of my health and drinking plenty of water helps.  
  • Unusual Fatigue- I was so tired.  I would get worn out early on in the day and have to take naps.  Luckily, I was taking classes at UAB and not working, so I could rest.  I am typically very physically active, this began to slow down early on.
  • Increased urination-  I would wake up several times in the night to use the restroom.  Also, i was drinking so much water that I had to go even more.  Dehydration is common during pregnancy, and you would be surprised at how thirsty you get and how much water it is necessary to drink.
  • Heartburn and constipation-  Did not happen for me, thankfully.
  • Dizziness-  I can't remember being dizzy very early on.  I know it happened by the second trimester, and probably as early as the third month.. which is still the first trimester.  I was absent-minded frequently too.  
  • Mood swings-  I'm sure I had a few of these, but you would really have to ask my husband.  He may remember when it started.  I cried more easily on occasion.. but it was only a few times.  Emotions and hormones during pregnancy are changing so much, and it is common to have some mood swings.
  • Excitement-  Yes!  
  • Worry- Within reason.  We were concerned about the change and money.
The main thing I wanted to say is that there is so much talk about morning sickness and fear.  I did not get sick.  Some women are really nauseous, so just eat small meals throughout the day and drink lots of water. The hardest thing was being so tired.  Being pregnant is a blessing not a curse.  Yes, God punished women with the pain of childbearing when Eve ate the apple.. I'm sure you know that is in Genesis, but we do have medicine, and He also says that children are a blessing to their parents throughout the Bible.  
I wanted to hurry up and get to the second trimester.  I wanted to start showing and feeling pregnant.  For me it was a countdown to when I would start showing and feeling like we really are having a baby.  It didn't seem real.  I gave myself the freedom to eat fast food and dessert if I wanted it.  Mostly we just stopped at McDonald's for the $1 menu because it was so cheap and convenient.  I have never enjoyed french fries so much!.. not since I was a little child.  I continued to eat healthy at home, but lunch at Micky D's was a very common thing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment