Ethan Lane Griffin- born April 29, 2011

Ethan Lane Griffin- born April 29, 2011
Ethan Lane Griffin- born April 29, 2011

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Expectant Dads

I was trying to think of what to say about how great my husband is, but it's hard to put it in words.  He has been my best friend, my support, and I'm so thankful that God has blessed me with such a wonderful man to share my life with.  He works on computers for a living, and in the last month, he has started doing it from home as well.  He loves it, but I know he is doing it for us more than for himself.  When a man's wife is pregnant, he is pregnant too.  Kris feels it when I am moody.  He knows when I am tired.  He understands that sometimes I feel absent-minded.  Last night in Wal-Mart, he said, "Are you ok?"  I replied, "Oh ya," in a losing my breathe sort of way.  He understood.  I was absent-minded, thinking about other things, and I couldn't help it.  Ethan will be here in less than three months, and there is so much to think about.  We haven't learned how to do the carseat.  We haven't bought any diapers.  He's going to be sick, and need lots of attention.  I am thinking about him all the time.  Maternal instincts are in high gear, and so are paternal.  Fathers worry about things mothers don't.  Kris is thinking about where his career will take him.  He's posting on Craig's List, posting fliers for computer repair, and fixing things around the house.  He carries things for me, and he is so emotionally stable when I am not!  If I'm angry, he maintains his cool.  I've gained pregnancy weight of course, but also in my lower half, and he thinks it's sexy.  He loves me.  He tells me I'm beautiful when I have on no makeup, sweat pants, a t-shirt, my hair in a pony-tail, a pregnant belly and bigger hips and thighs.  I got my nails done last night for the first time since September, and he sat there with me.  I thought his mind was occupied, and it was.  When we got to the car I realized he was thinking about the fumes and if it was bad for me and the baby during pregnancy.  He is caring!  He said, "I was a little worried that the fumes were bad for the baby."  He mentioned that the nail people were wearing masks, and I didn't even notice.  There's more to his greatness, and I'll fill you in on it later.  Pray for us.  His granddad passed away and we are going to the funeral today.  I love you Kris.

No comments:

Post a Comment