Ethan Lane Griffin- born April 29, 2011

Ethan Lane Griffin- born April 29, 2011
Ethan Lane Griffin- born April 29, 2011

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

38 Weeks Pregnant with Ethan

I had an OB visit today.  I am going to be 38 weeks pregnant on Friday.  There are still no changes.  I am not dilated.  There is some thinning of the lining of my uterus, which means that it is getting closer.  I will probably go full term, if not longer.  They won't let me go a week past the due date.. so in that case they will induce me.  I hope he just comes before the due date, or they schedule to induce me on April 29th, which is exactly a week later.  I have two finals on the 28th, so that means I'll get them over with, and then take the last final on May 4th.  I can do that!  The only problem is that Ethan is going to weight 8 pounds or more.  If he waits too long, it'll be hard to deliver without a C-section.  They do everything they can now to prevent a C-section.  Things have changed a lot since the 80's.  My husband was born 3 weeks late. 
I'm trying not to count down the days.  I think that will make it seem longer.  I'm so glad Ethan is going to be a healthy baby!  I have had a great pregnancy, and we really have been blessed.  We have a great place to live, filled with too much stuff.  I have a loving husband who I love spending time with.  Our families are close so we don't have to travel too far to visit with them.  Our baby will be so happy and cute. 
I haven't recieved any emails for 38 weeks yet.  I did get one about Labor and Delivery.  It was informative, but I don't really remember what I read.  I have read so much during the pregnancy, so I think I'm ready.  I told the OB today that I was nervous and scared about the labor pains.  My biggest fear is not being able to get him out.
I have gained 45 pounds.  That isn't too bad, considering people have told me they gained 77, 90 pounds.  One girl said she was 250 pounds when she had her son.  She is thin now.  I don't know how it's possible to gain over 100 pounds in 9 months.
I have posted so many pictures on facebook of the things we have for baby Ethan.  I posted all of his ultrasound pictures at 28 weeks pregnant.  My friends are so sweet with the comments saying I look cute pregnant, and they can't wait until Ethan is born.

No comments:

Post a Comment