Ethan Lane Griffin- born April 29, 2011

Ethan Lane Griffin- born April 29, 2011
Ethan Lane Griffin- born April 29, 2011

Saturday, April 16, 2011

6 More Days

With 6 days until Ethan's due date, we are a little more than ready for his arrival.  I have been doing all the tricks and do feel some contractions, but it is nothing constant and not like real labor.  Aww, I hear a baby crying.  :)  I cannot wait to hear our baby let out that first cry.  It will be such a relief.  That is how everyone explains giving birth and hearing their baby cry.  I have been really emotional for the past few days.  I haven't felt him move a lot lately either.  It worries me, but I have read that is normal towards the end because he hardly has much room in there.  A few stretch marks popped up this week.  Ick!  They are not bad.  You can barely see them, and I know they'll fade even more.  I had none until week 38.  The marks of motherhood are worth it.
We drove to the hospital last night and got pre-admitted.  This is something we do to make it easier when we go in during the real labor.  I'm a little concerned about having to leave a newborn to take finals.  I will have to have some pumped breast milk for my mom or whoever is keeping him to feed him while I'm gone for 3 or 4 hours.  I'm a little worried about having a C-section too.  Ethan is going to be over 8 lbs.  I wouldn't mind having him born on Easter, but this week will be much better.  They will schedule an induction if we make it to the appointment on the 19th and there is still no dilation.
Well, I'm a little jealous now.  A Facebook friend of mine is in labor and she is due 3 days after me.  I told Kris we needed to stop by the store and get pineapple juice, ride on a bumpy road, and go on a walk.  This week has to be the week!  I really wanna hurry this along, so I think I'll do some walking and housecleaning tonight.  I will need to study Accounting, but that takes sitting, and I should just be on the move.  :)
Our baby is not finished growing, of course, but his growth has slowed down tremendously in the last couple weeks.  His head will be soft when he is born to fit more easily through the birth canal.  Most newborns have a cone shaped head after being delivered vaginally.  It looks weird, but will eventually go back to normal shape.  They also aren't the cutest when they are first born.  It takes a little while for some newborns to look cute. 
Another thing I didn't know before pregnancy is that prenatal vitamins should be taken while nursing after the baby is born.  We have gotten free samples from the OB at every visit, but I will have to buy some for nursing during the next year.  Well, hopefully my next blog will be about labor and delivery!

No comments:

Post a Comment