Ethan Lane Griffin- born April 29, 2011

Ethan Lane Griffin- born April 29, 2011
Ethan Lane Griffin- born April 29, 2011

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Ready for a Fun Summer!

God's timing is so perfect.  I have only one week left of pregnancy, if he waits; and one week left of Spring classes.  Kris and I have been talking about some of the things we are going to do this summer.  I have a Bjorn baby carrier, so spending time walking at Oak Mountain State Park and being outdoors will be easier for me.  I have goals to lose all the baby weight and then some before our wedding anniversary on September 17th.  Kris knows that I'll want to go for runs during the week when he comes home from work.  I love being outside in the Summer, and I'm looking forward to keeping busy with the baby.   
The baby doesn't seem very comfortable today.  I think he just got too hungry.  I ate lunch, but in two hours I had to eat again.  I felt him kicking and felt a little nauseous.  I feel really sick right now because of something that happened recently causing us to lose $680.  I'm in the worst mood because of it.  I'm not really happy with people playing games with my money.  I hope they get worse in return.
Well, I have avoided reading about Postpartum Depression because I think I have ways to prevent it from happening to me.  I have heard several stories of women who have gone through a minor to severe case of this.  I'm feeling so depressed and ill today that I thought I might read a little bit about it.  This of course is depression women experience after giving birth.  It usually occurs soon after delivery, and may last several years.  It is brought on by several factors: mood changes during pregnancy, lack of sleep, less freedom and time for yourself, changing in your body, and changes in your relationships.  I have experienced all of the above.  The following website gives more information about postpartum depression.  http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0004481/
Certain circumstances are making me feel down lately.  All of these are things I am unable to control, which makes it harder.  I have a friend who blogs about her postpartum depression.  I have family and friends who will be there for me should I go through even a slight case of this.  Let's just hope life is happy this Summer.  I will probably blog about it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment