Ethan Lane Griffin- born April 29, 2011

Ethan Lane Griffin- born April 29, 2011
Ethan Lane Griffin- born April 29, 2011

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

39 1/2 Weeks Pregnant

We went to the OB appointment today.  Kris went with me.  We were really excited to find out if there were any changes.  Dr. Campbell measured me.  He is going to be a big baby; over 8 lbs.  I have gained a whopping 55 pounds.  Yikes!  Everyone says I look great though.  I feel great too, but sometimes I'm just really ready to not be pregnant anymore.  There is no dilation, only thinning to my cervix.  If Ethan is not born between now and next Thursday, we will go in Thursday at 4:30.  They will place something behind my cervix to make it dilate, and the next morning they will start the process to induce me into labor.  If that happens, he will be born on Friday, April 29, 2011.  They do not let you go over a week past your due date to prevent any complications.  When Kris and I were born, it was a little bit different.  They didn't schedule inductions like they do now.  It'll also help prevent a C-section.  Now that I feel so incredibly big, I'm more afraid that I will have to have a C-section.  It wouldn't be that bad, but the recovery process is more slow, and I will have a scar.
This is probably really weird, but I'm excited about being in the hospital for two nights.  I'll get lots of attention, and I get to just lay around in my PJ's with my husband and new baby.  I can be lazy, watch TV, read magazines, visit with family and friends, and have a new baby.  What's better than that?  Kris has a lot of family who will visit us.  We really are blessed.  My husband is a family man, and I like that.  We have a lot of friends who said they are coming to visit too. 
If I do get induced, then I will only have one final left on May 4th.  I really don't want to leave the baby, so my plan is to have my mom or someone come with me downtown.  While I'm taking the final they can stay with Ethan in the car and maybe take him outside for an hour, then I'll be back in the car again before he gets too hungry and starts crying.  Newborns have to eat every 2-3 hours.  Wow!  I am so ready. 
If I go into labor between now and next Thursday, I will probably miss two tests.  I don't want to miss two tests, so I really hope he just stays in until the 29th. 

No comments:

Post a Comment