Ethan Lane Griffin- born April 29, 2011

Ethan Lane Griffin- born April 29, 2011
Ethan Lane Griffin- born April 29, 2011

Friday, April 8, 2011

Tricks to Induce Labor

There are several tricks out there for pregnant women who want to hurry their baby's birth along. The most popular things I have heard are walking and sex. Several websites and people will tell you "What got you into this situation will get you out." Other exercises like doing squats, bouncing on a pilates ball, taking stairs two at a time, and swimming are considered great ways to bring along contractions and labor. Some things I have learned recently are nipple stimulation, lemon drop cupcakes, pineapples or pineapple juice, and castor oil.
These may sound crazy, but I'm pretty sure some of it works. If you have ever been pregnant, you would understand why I would want to try them all! I'll give you some things I have read about what is listed above.
Exercises like walking, taking stairs two at a time, squats, bouncing on the ball, etc. are all good ways to work out your lower half and open the cervix. None of these will cause you to go into labor unless you are ready, and the baby is considered premature until 37 weeks. The best advice to take is to be patient and be healthy.
I found the following video today. http://www.kcra.com/r-video/27396172/detail.html It's about the lemon drop cupcake that will induce labor. I also read about pineapples and pineapple juice. I went straight to Wal-Mart and bought a dozen mini lemon drop cupcakes, pineapples, and pineapple juice. I have not tried the castor oil. This one makes me a little nervous. When I first heard about it, I thought castor oil was something for cars. It is actually vegetable oil, coming from the castor bean. I'll have to say, I ate two mini cupcakes and a glass of pineapple juice on the way home from Wal-Mart, and I did feel my stomach tighten and had to walk up the stairs more slowly than I usually do. It made me feel a little different. Kris said, eat more.. go drink all the pineapple juice and see what happens. I didn't! I did eat some pineapple and drink another glass of juice.

1 comment:

  1. 1 tablespoon of castor oil to 1 cup olive oil makes a great facial oil if you're using the oil cleaning method for your face.
    Also, be careful as castor oil is a natural laxative.

    ReplyDelete